Tuesday, September 9, 2008
College :0
So going to college makes me feel weird. I don't think that I am old enough. I look around at everyone as I walk the halls and think of how much better and smarter and well prepared they must be. I feel like I am falling a little. I'm doing good and I like my teacher and the work isn't super hard... I guess I just feel like it could be really easy to lose myself and that scares me. I pretty much just started to figure out who I am and now it seems like being at college could take that away. It is so scary to have a professor grade your work and tell you if you are good at something or not. It's hard to balance classes, homework, a job and have a social life. I saw something the other day that said; Good grades, adequate sleep, social life... pick two. (welcome to college.) It is so true. Sad but true. I chose to stay up with a friend the other night even though I had class in the morning and while I don't regret hanging with my friend at all, I just wish it wasn't such a big deal. Right now it seems like taking a year off would have been the better choice. I feel a little overwhelmed and I haven't even had to hand any big assignments or anything in yet. I have to redo something for photography and I had to redo something in Comp as well. I'm grateful that they are letting me redo the assignments but the fact that I have to redo them makes me feel stupid. I feel like I'm failing and it hasn't even been a month. I don't really know what to do. There is so much homework in each class it makes me think the teachers don't know that we are taking more than on class. All I did today was homework. The first thing I did when I woke up was read a textbook, before I even got out of bed, no joke. How sad is that? If anybody has any encouragement or advice PLEASE help me out. I'm freaking out a little and would appreciate the help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment