Monday, August 25, 2008

Sometimes...

Sometimes all I want is a guy to hold my hand, a guy look at me and tell me I'm beautiful, a guy to brush the hair back off my face and know that he really cares. Sometimes it feels like that is something I will never have, sometimes it feels like I am destined to be alone and have to deal. I am the person that is there for others not the one that is cared for. I love being there for my friends, it gives my life an awesome meaning and purpose but, sometimes... Sometimes all I want is what I see my friends have. I have never wanted to go out with a guy just so that I could have a hand to hold. I want it to mean something, and not just something, something big. I want it to matter and last. I want to have a forever love. Someday if it is in Gods plan for me I will. And oh how I want it to be in Gods plan. Sometimes all there is to do is cry and then continue to wait. I go through a stupid cycle of I'm fine by myself, I love being single, to I don't want to be alone, what is wrong with me. Having never had a boyfriend is a thing I'm proud of and a thing that is hard on my self esteem. Like why haven't guys ever been interested? What am I doing wrong? Or is it something I'm doing right? I don't really know what to think. I know God has great things for me, I heard him say it, but sometimes... Sometimes it just seems like the wait could kill me. I just want a hand to hold, a smile to cherish, eyes to lose myself in, a laugh to get carried away by, arms to wrap me in a hug, a shoulder to bury my head in and drain my tears, fingers to play with my hair, and a heart full of love. God says patience and as another tear slides down my face I say 'okay daddy. Will you help me?' 

2 comments:

without_explanation said...

I am looking forward to meeting your guy (and you're thinking, "Yeah, me too!") I will tell him to take you out for spaghetti on your first date, and then pull out a guitar and sing "Amore" to you in front of everyone.. and then you guys can walk on the beach, hand in hand, as you both cry about how beautiful the sunset is.
lol, I am sooooo just kidding by the way. And I can understand what you mean, I just want you to know that I am willing to wait with you.

jessie said...

wow, your blog is mirroring my thoughts. *hug*