a sword unsheathed with the heave of a sigh
unspoken words hang overhead
I'm crushed and abused by the things we never said
all the silent tears I've cried
all the failures I've tried to hide
have left in me a gaping hole
what's one more piece from a broken soul
How can I keep up the fight
when everything is wrong that use to be right
how can I rise up from these ashes
how long before I'm healed of my gashes
one more day or ten more years
when will I be set free from these fears
How long will it take to forget what you said
how ling before your lies are cleared out of my head
every time I forgave and let you start new
you took my fears and proved them to be true
You taught me how to deal with rejection
I've become a master of friendship selection
no one who pries or wants to know
someone who'll smile and put on a show
someone who tries hard not to be known
someone who'll leave my fragile soul alone
But then I met someone who actually cares
who takes on himself my burdens and ware
someone who'll love me no matter the wrong
and when I am weak someone who is strong
I found someone that I could believe in
someone who'll forgive me of my sin
He searched and he found the pieces of my soul
and thanks to this someone I'm being made whole
no more standing on the outside feeling alone
no more wishing in vain to truly be known
I can now rise up and proudly proclaim
I was saved by this someone and Jesus is his name
No comments:
Post a Comment