Anyways, I started college and I think it's going to be good. I am nervous that there will be a lot of homework and I will be overwhelmed and super busy again but I'm trusting God to get me through it. Everybody tells me I'll do great and I'll have fun but I don't think they know how hard I can be on myself. I take the saying, you are your own worst critic to a whole new level. And being as exhausted as I am doesn't help. I'm only in three classes so it shouldn't be too bad but you never know. Hearing about all of the stuff I'm going to have to do over the semester all at once is kind of hard to deal with. In Comp 2 I have to write 3 big essays and do what the teacher labeled a LOT of small projects and papers. In sing language I'm going to have to go to two deaf events, make a video of me signing, take a quiz every day, and take all the tests and exams. Did I mention that it's a no speaking class. The teacher is deaf and as a rule at Kirkwood you are not allowed to use spoken english in the classroom at all. Not to others or even yourself. Then in photography there is a crapload of stuff that I'm going to have to do. On the very first day we were given a partner and told to do a power point presentation on a certain aspect of photography.
Don't get me wrong I'm really excited. It's just that I'm sick, and exhausted which feeds my nervousness and makes me freak out a little. God is bigger than all of my problems though and with him I can do anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment